Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!


January 3, 2012


Hello Everyone!

     I enjoyed the holidays with my family with Christmas day celebrated at my parent’s home in Milton with Team Fitzgerald visiting from Philadelphia. It was very busy but wonderful to share it with all and we all enjoyed a delicious Christmas dinner, as well. I enjoyed a very quiet & restful New Years Eve by going to bed by :)!
     Our Boston winter has been very tame with the only snow happening way back in October around Halloween. Both November and December have been near record warm for Boston so I brace for a nasty January and February. Brrrrrrr!
     Jake is home for 5 weeks on break from UMass and he enjoyed seeing his Philly cousins! He also took a trip with his Brookline and UMass buddies to Montreal for the New Year celebration. He got home safely yesterday with many stories and he even spoke a little French pour moi!
I started home hospice almost 1 month ago with the Hospice of the Good Shepherd of Newton. I have a hospice nurse come by periodically and I get my pain medications from him. The hospice service is to provide me comfort and peace. I like comfort and peace! I received for Christmas two precious gifts I wear daily; a St.Peregrine and a St. Joseph medal on necklaces. I have 2 new friends looking out for me but I can always use a little extra help – please say a prayer for me soon.

I am thinking and living positively!

With much love!
Bren

3 comments:

Nan Fitzgerald said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR AUNTIE!!! GREAT to see you at Christmas. We hope you are resting now that the holidays are over!! Lots of hugs, Team Fitz7

Nan Fitzgerald said...

Hi Auntie it is Walker. Hope you are feeling better. Just thinking about you! And wanted to wish you a happy new year! Bye hugs and kisses, Walker

Pam said...

Hi My Beautiful Friend!
I pray for you every morning before I get out of bed and every evening before I go to bed....and of course throughout the day I wish you strength and send you love. It's one day at a time Brenda...God will not give you more than you can handle.
Love Always,
Pam