Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Scanxiety !

Monday, October 3, 2011
Hello Everyone!

     I had been suffering from a severe case of scanxiety for a full week. I had a full day of imaging scheduled for today – a cat scan and a MRI. I am very anxious about these imaging procedures (scans) on two levels. The cat-scan is no problem and is very easy and quick BUT the MRI is a different type of scary monster. I am very, very claustrophobic and I have to get into a very tight, enclosed tube for the MRI imaging process. Thankfully, I was administered a heavy dose of Lorazapan by I.V. to ease my anxiety and it does helpJ! My other layer of anxiety is caused by what the images may show about the progress/regress of my disease. But, fortunately I got a telephone call from my oncologist soon after getting home from my appointments and she says everything is “stable” which I consider good news! I am back at it with a chemo treatment scheduled for MondayL.
     Boy Wonder-Jake is coming home Friday for his first visit since leaving for UMass-Amherst. Don & I are very excited to see him and I have made his all time favorite meal- my famous chili.


I am thinking and living positively!

With much love!
Bren

No comments: