Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Glorious Autumn in N.E.


Monday, September 26, 2011


Hello Everyone!

     Autumn is now teasing us with cooler temps & shorter days but is also treating us to the beautiful, changing color palette of fall foliage in New England. Awesome!
The football season is in full swing and baseball’s playoffs soon begin. I am rooting for our Patriots & Red Sox to do well! I am also rooting for and a very big fan of a family friend and NY Giants' rookie linebacker, Mark Herzlich. A computer savvy friend of mine forwarded me a tweet Mark blasted off to all of his Twitter followers Sunday before his game against the Philadelphia Eagles;

"Making the same drive out of downtown Philly that I did when I was diagnosed. This time it's to go play the Eagles. Feeling very Blessed''

-- @MarkHerzlich, the Giants' rookie linebacker, who has returned from fighting a cancerous tumor in his leg to the roster of an NFL team, on the team bus from downtown Philadelphia to Lincoln Financial Field, at 9:28 a.m. Sunday.


            There are 12 million cancer survivors in the United States! I just had my full dose of 800 mg of Gemzar chemotherapy today and I have two types of imaging scheduled for this Monday to see how my disease is regressing/progressing. I am also blessed to have so much support from my family and friends and their will soon be 12,000,001 cancer survivors. Boston is titletown and a city of winners. I will be a Boston winner too!



I am thinking and living positively!

With much love!
Bren

No comments: