Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Monday, September 12


Monday, September 12, 2011


Hello Everyone!

     800 mg of Gemzar is now coursing through my body attacking those nasty, fast growing cancer cells. I received my dose today @ St. E’s hospital and my blood counts were good and my weight good & stable. My oncologist, Dr. Chi, was out of town so I was seen by Dr. Uma Narayanasami. She examined me and we set my next appointment 2 weeks down that September road- 9/26.
     I am suffering from empty nest sadness because my baby boy, Jake, has left the house for college. After 19 years of mothering my son and his constant presence in my life I am feeling emptiness in my heart and I have a difficult time looking into his empty room as I get emotional. I am very proud of him and I know he will do well and succeed throughout his college education. I am looking forward to his first visit home and cooking him his favorite dishes and hearing about many (not all) of his exciting new life experiences at college.
     All of us Boston Red Sox fans are getting nervous as the team has struggled recently due to injuries and a struggling pitching rotation. Good luck Red Sox Nation! But, we are now distracted by another Boston team playing, our New England Patriots. The Patriots came out strong this past Monday on national television with a record setting offensive outburst and some solid defense. Boston is truly blessed with sports greatness and lays claim to 7 championship titles in 10 years!!!!!

I am thinking and living positively!

With much love!
Bren

p.s. Go Red Sox & Patriots!!!!!


No comments: