Monday, August 29, 2011

Gemzar magic!


Monday, August 29, 2011


Hello Everyone!


     Relaxed and tanned from another trip to the Cape. I got in much beach time and ate a lot of summer’s awesome bounty of beautiful produce, in particular my faves; gorgeous-colorful-delicious tomatoes and oh-sooo sweet native corn-YUMBO! Don also worked his creative, culinary magic on the Weber grill each night-TASTY! Don, the "Weber Warrior" has another project he is calling "Good Grill Hunting". Whatdoyouthink?!?!
     I had a full treatment, 800 mg of Gemzar, the chemotherapy that has been so successful slaying those nasty cancer cells in my body. I haven’t had chemo for three weeks but my oncologist was very happy with my weight and blood counts! No happy dancing this time just more positive news from Dr. Chi.
     We dodged that bullet called Hurricane Irene here in Boston but I pray for all those that took the heavy hit and lost lives, power and homes.
     We are Amherst bound on Wednesday with Boy Wonder-Jake and will get him settled into college. He will be living in the same dorm that his dad lived many years ago. He naturally has mixed emotions, much excitement tempered by some anxiety about chapter UMass of his life.

I am thinking and living positively!

With much love!
Bren

p.s. Go Red Sox and Patriots!!!!!



1 comment:

Jo deegan said...

Having a hard time getting this far.Hope this e-mail gets to you
My grandaughter has walked me through it.
Thank you for a grear dinner.Great new friends.
Jo