Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday, July 18, 2011

My favorite place in this world!

Monday, July 18, 2011


Hello Everyone!

     I was back at it this morning at St. Elizabeth hospital’s oncology-hematology department and refreshed from an awesome week on the Cape. The weather and my week at the beach on the Cape were GREAT! I had 5 precious good days and only 2 days that I didn’t feel well. The sand between my toes, the sun on my face and fresh salt air and a glass of wine does magic for my soul!!!!! We did much beach time everyday, some relaxing time at the cute Cape house and muchos serious grilling and eating time masterfully crafted by Don - YUMBO! I look forward to several more visits throughout the summer.
     My blood platelet counts were good and my albumin levels were very good which are very positive signs. I somehow lost 4 lbs. even though I ate VERY, VERY well all week as the Weber grill was smoking & blazing with delicious foods all week. My oncologist was not concerned as we concluded that my activity level was much higher than normal. I have 2 weeks off from treatments which is great BUT the chemo will kick my butt for the next 7-10 days – OUCH!
Boy Wonder – Jake, is busy working on the Brookline Teen Center project, hanging with his buddies and seeing his wonderful girlfriend, Lindsey.
I hope you all are enjoying your summer and I will be back in touch in 2 weeks.

I am thinking and living positively!

With much love!
Bren

p.s. Go Red Sox!!!!!

Me and my madre at Boy Wonder's graduation day (not the Kentucky Derby).



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brenda,
Love seeing all these updates, I'm glad you are enjoying yourself this summer as much as possible - you deserved a nice Cape vacation :) I can't believe Jake is graduated, where does the time go? I'm enjoying post-college and a new job, living and working right on the seacoast in Portsmouth, NH so life is good. I just wanted to let you know that I think about you all the time, especially when I wear the lovely necklaces you gave mom and I for xmas :) Stay at it and know that a lot of people are sending loving thoughts in your direction! You, me and mom are overdue to get together for some laughs! Hopefully we can make plans soon! xoxo
Lots of love,
Brenna