Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Groundhog Day 2012

February 1, 2012



Hello Everyone!

     It’s February 1st with temperatures damn near 60 and not a trace of snow in Boston – awesome! Punxsutawney Phil, the famous groundhog has his annual fifteen minutes of fame tomorrow and tells us how much more winter we will have remaining. When did it begin? February 2nd is also my mother’s birthday so we have plans to celebrate at my fave’ – the Capital Grill, Chestnut Hill on Friday.
     I have been using a new form of pain med application by using a portable pain pump which keeps my meds at a constant baseline level automatically and if I have a break through headache I can just press a button for relief – cool! The trade off for this convenience is I must carry a small shoulder strapped pump around at all times :(.
     This is a VERY exciting time for our New England Patriots as they are in the Super Bowl again! I love our Patriot’s but I also have a family friend playing for the New York Giants, Mark Herzlich. He is a BC grad that has beaten cancer and eloquently spoke about his battle at a cancer fundraiser that Don organized more than a year ago in Waltham. Mark just tweeted this through our new and immediate Twitter world yesterday;

“2 yrs ago I was told I might never walk again. Just WALKED off plane
 in Indy to play in The SuperBowl. Take that Sh*t Cancer!”


Go Patriots and may Mark play a great game but his Giants come up short! I will echo Mark’s words – TAKE THAT SHIT CANCER!

With much love!


No comments: