Thursday, August 18, 2011

Monday, August 15, 2011


Hello Everyone!


     My oncologist, Dr. Chi, did the “happy, happy dance” for me today!!! My last set of imaging was so good, when Dr. Chi entered my exam treatment room she busted into the happy, happy dance and we all broke out into loud roar of laughter! The Gemzar chemotherapy has made my tumors and lesions shrink considerably. This is all great news but it is also tempered by the fact that it is not curative but it is slowing down the disease’s hold on my body.
     I had no chemo today and was told I had another week off from treatments- YAHOO! Now, it is my time to do the happy, happy dance!
     I hope to make another trip to the Cape soon and get my toes in the surf and sand. More details and pics soon.
     Jake leaves for UMass in 2 weeks and has that natural mix of emotions- excitement and anxiety. I now have plans to make the trip to Amherst and see him get set up at college.

I am thinking and living positively!

With much love!
Bren

p.s. Go Red Sox!!!!!

With much love from me to you!

No comments: