Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 16, 2011

Our bratty cat - Wolfy

Hello Everyone!

     Another week and another chemo treatment because this week my blood counts (red & whites) were good. Mondays are always difficult for me because my appointments are always scheduled on that day and the hospital visits last from 2-5 hours. Many of the wonderful staff at St. E’s hospital knows me by name and they make my visits more tolerable. But, sitting in the treatment room with up to 7 other cancer patients with all of us hooked up to chemo I.V.’s is a very sad and grueling experience. I prefer to have my treatments in a private room with a bed and TV which is so much more enjoyable but the private rooms are not always available. My oncologist, Dr. Chi, is upset at me because I am losing weight and has threatened me with a special diet supplement to help me add some weight. But, I prefer to do it all naturally and promise to increase my food intake.
     Jake has just 2 weeks of school remaining and then the prom and graduation follow. This is such an exciting time for Jake and me. I will take plenty of photos and share them with you all.
I am thinking and living positively!

With much love,
Bren
p.s. Go Red Soxs!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HiAll,

I am the author of Team Brenda's blog and attend most of Brenda's appointments and post all of the fine writings. Thanks for visiting and please leave comments after each posting!

Thanks!
Don Yovicsin
Team Brenda Captain